Bridge to Success (Puente al Éxito) is the newest of Friendship Bridge’s programs and will focus on empowering more than 1,000 women entrepreneurs in rural Guatemala by 2025 with intensive business development training, individual microcredit loans, technical assistance, connections to peer networks, and access to new markets.
Supported by the financial backing of a $1 million grant, Bridge to Success will allow us to directly serve a specific segment of clients we call Entrepreneurs. These women, who operate what are known as ‘livelihood-sustaining enterprises,’ are highly motivated, have an economically viable business model poised for growth, and are the drivers of economic development and new jobs in their communities. The program will grow significantly over the next five years, resulting in increased income for these entrepreneurs and job growth in Guatemala’s rural communities, where it is most needed.
“The new Bridge to Success program will be excellent. I will invest my loan more securely because I know there will be buyers and connections. This will bring more orders and more work.” – RUTH
The Bridge to Success program provides two major benefits to clients:
- Financial Services: Individual loans offered to women entrepreneurs for working capital and purchasing fixed assets. Loan terms of 6-36 months, with fiduciary guarantees, possession rights, and mortgages, depending on the size of the loan.
- Business Training: Evidence-based classes focused on business strategy, planning, and management, as well as leadership and community development. Some market services will be offered as well, such as branding, business formalization services, networking, fairs, and business competition, among others.
We expect the impact of this program will play a key role in strengthening Guatemala’s economy and therefore address the root causes of migration in the Northern Triangle region of Central America. The Bridge to Success program will formally roll out in August.
- Amiga, si estás buscando la mejor opción para hacer crecer tu emprendimiento, aplica al Programa Puente al Éxito, haciendo click aquí: www.puentealexito.org
- We katajin ka tzkuj a yakb’al rachilam retamaxik rij jas ru’kaxik le a k’ayij kabano arechi ka wa’lij uwach, choja tz’ib’aj la pa le: www.puentealexito.org
- If you are a potential Friendship Bridge client looking to join the Bridge to Success program, click here: www.puentealexito.org
- We’re so grateful to have the support of Golden-Globe-nominated actress María Mercedes Coroy, who generously donated her time to be featured in our TV commercials as we recruit applicants for the new Bridge to Success program in Guatemala.
- María grew up in Santa María de Jesús, Guatemala and speaks Kaqchikel. She is best known for her role in the film La Llorona (2019) and is instantly recognized by potential Friendship Bridge clients as a passionate and trusted advocate.
- María has also been represented in USAID video promotions addressing irregular migration.